“We cannot make someone responsible for how we feel”. Gwen Randall-Young
This is a very useful clip by Gwen Randall-Young that inspires one on how to resolve conflicts in a positive and healthy way. The same negative pattern of dealing with conflict – regardless of all shapes and forms it takes – leads to the same results, i.e. not resolving the conflict and may even escalate the situation.
Some of the factors contributing to a negative pattern in resolving conflict are:
– Taking things personally.
– Reacting with anger, resentment and judgement.
Gwen suggests empowering techniques that help us gain control of a situation by targeting specific behaviors and setting boundaries around them.
Allow yourself to be inspired by her wise suggestions.
- Helping Children Resolve Conflicts (education.com)
- Managing Conflict (everydayhealth.com)
- Free audiobook: Resolving Everyday Conflict (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- 6 steps to resolve conflict (cbsnews.com)
- Conflict Management in the Workplace (slideshare.net)
- Conflict Resolution is a Handy Skill in the Workplace (ruralstops.blogspot.com)